Saturday, December 3, 2011

Night Weaning Update


Well, we successfully finished Dr. Jay Gordon’s method for night-weaning.  And, Miss A has been a pretty good sport about it all.  We had a short set-back over Thanksgiving, since, we were travelling and staying in a house full of people, I decided to nurse overnight since I didn’t really want her to wake-up the entire house.  But when we got home, we went back to no-nursing cold turkey.  She seemed to adjust ok.  But I will say one thing…

Night weaning ≠ sleeping through the night

Miss A still wakes up once or twice a night.  Usually, she gets a little ticked cuz she can’t nurse, and spends most of this time (anywhere from 2 to 15min) fussing and rolling around in between us in our bed.  She’s mad I’m sure cuz she can’t nurse.  And, pretty sure she’s mad at me specifically, cuz 9 times out of 10 she rolls right up to Steve and sleeps up against him all night.  If she rolls by me, she wants “nuh-nuh” (what she’s been calling ‘nursie’ these days), and I tell her “all done” and then she gets fired up, rolls away and pushes her head into Steve’s armpit and falls asleep.

So, this seems to = better sleep for me…but not so much for Steve.  The next step I’m looking into because of this is the transition to her bedroom full time.  Currently, she starts in her room, and the first time she wakes up after Steve and I go to bed, she comes in bed with us for the rest of the night.  Usually this is sometime between midnight and 2am.  That will be our next adventure.

Until then…

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment